Sunday, July 11, 2021

My Read

 
Welcome to Mimi's take on reading. 

I'm very excited to start a discussion about reading. I love to read and have developed my own method for how I read. As an author I've learned that only a certain segment of the population likes to read and even my grandchildren prefer playing video games for relaxation rather than sitting down to read a book.

My attempt in this blog will be to put into perspective who reads and who doesn't, what people read, why they read and whether reading in any way changes the world we live in. Bottom line, I want more people to read and I want them to read critically. That's a tall order. I'm part realist and part romantic, like some books. I have trouble with science and nature, but I'll find others who might help in that realm. I don't like mysteries or horror, but I'll explore that too. 

The point is to do my best to offer ideas on how reading can make us all better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Book for the Road

                                                         Thanks to my local librarian, I took out three books on tape for our two grandchild...